JetBrains Kotlin for Education webinar
2021.07.29. • Event page
This talk tells the story of mobile development at BME-VIK-AUT, how I joined that story, and how we introduced Kotlin to the university curriculum. First as part of the Android software development course, then eventually creating a standalone course to teach it in depth.
It covers the all-live-demo approach used for lectures, the choices made to make the course fun to complete, the wonders that remote teaching introduced, and how the students have received the course.
- AUT mobile development professors, leadership, and contributors
- István Juhos, reviewer and substitute lecturer for the Kotlin course
- Presentation Assistant plugin
- Dekompiling talk
- Kotlin Vocabulary by Android Developers
- JetBrains Academy (Hyperskill)
- JetBrains EduTools
- Courses that inspired the Kotlin course
- KotlinJS based WebGL wrapper for a 3D graphics course