Mastering API Visibility in Kotlin
When designing a library, minimizing your API surface - the types, methods, properties, and functions you expose to the outside world - is a great idea. This doesn’t apply to just libraries: it’s a consideration you should make for every module in a multi-module project. In this talk, we’ll look at all the ways that Kotlin lets you get your visibility just right.
This talk is adapted from the article with the same title.
- Articles and talks about library development
- Opt-in requirements (Kotlin documentation)
- All the kotinx.coroutines opt-in annotations
- Kotlin binary compatibility validator plugin
- Books with relevant best practices